9.04.2013

More Goddamn Artsy Poetry Crap


I've been slowing my breath
Learning to inhale slowly
Learning to exhale slowly
So that I might slow time down
And make the moments last longer
And make the seconds into hours
So that I can study it all
Every move they make
Every word they say
It's not working
It's too big for thought
It's too much to comprehend
All I'm left with is more time
To be enamored
To be confused
By everything


******



You are the first star of the night.
You are what all compasses and maps are calibrated to.
You are the guiding light.
Bring me home to you.


******



Here it is,
The only present I've ever wanted to unwrap.
Only it didn't come dressed in ribbons,
And it doesn't wear a bow.
There's no paper wrapped around it,
and even though there's no tag I know it's mine.
It's plain and it is simple,
And it's the greatest gift I've ever received.


******


That's the problem
Every second they spend on you has a price tag
If you can't pay the cost
They take their currency elsewhere
The solution isn't to afford the cost
It's to quit visiting emotional prostitutes
If you're miserable being alone
You're in poor company
And if you aren't happy being around you
It's shouldn't be any wonder why you're paying for attention


******


If there were any books about you
I would read them all in a single night
There aren't
And there should be
So I will write them


******



With the sunrise
Comes answers
Tonight
Let slumber overtake me
Let rest settle in
Be at peace
When the day begins tomorrow
I will know where I stand.
For tonight
The sun is at rest.
And so shall I be