"Write What You Know."

"Write what you know."

That was the daily inspiration that I got this morning when Day One, my favorite journaling app, reminded me to write something. It's a great feature, but most days it gives me the equivalent of a fortune cookie -- something cute that I don't mind reading. But every so often, it actually fulfills its purpose: it jogs my brain and gets me typing.

So: I know that I am happier now than I've been in a long while. I know that my happiness isn't tethered to anyone or anything. I know that I am beginning to do good work again. I know that I am beginning to train hard again. I know that I drew something for the first time in two years yesterday. I know that I've come through an exceptionally hard time the past year (and more, really). I know it's not over just yet, but I've made it this far, which tells me I know I'll make it the rest of the way. I know I have the courage to face ANYTHING. I know I also have the courage to walk away from the things that, despite my desires to help them, hurt me.

I know that I have some of the most amazing friends on the planet. I know I am loved. I know that, for the first time in my life, that love is equal and not overcompensated on any end. I know that that love is how I was able to make it through this storm, and will make it through any other.

I know how to ask for help when I need it. I know that even though I may be experiencing weakness, asking for help is not weak. I know that it takes a tremendous amount of strength to ask someone to prop you up while you walk your path, especially if you love them and don't want to burden them. I know that helping others isn't a burden.

I know myself. I know that I've been learning myself for quite some time, and as a result of the hardest part of my life so far, I've put those lessons to the test and passed. I know I didn't pass every single test, but those I failed, I know I learned from.

I know where I am going. I know the destination is happiness. I don't know each individual stop on that path, nor where "happiness" actually lives, but I know the path I'm on is the right one to get there.

I know that I hardly know anything yet. I know that that thought excites me more than it scares me. I know that it does scare me, though, and it's the kind of scare that entices, not threatens.

That's what I know… So far.