I woke up just like any other morning. The alarm went off on my cellphone. I hit the snooze and laid awake enjoying the moment. A cat jumps up onto the bed and walks up onto my chest, begging for some early morning cheek scratches. My dogs begin whining a little, reminding me that there's only a few minutes left before their bladders explode.
- Make a donation to your local Fire Department's burn unit and charity drives
- Make a donation to the local Police Department's injured officer fund
- If you lost a loved one or friend and know what charity or cause they supported, donate to that in their name
- If you are so inclined, say a prayer for the fallen.
- Discuss the event with friends
- Send a care package to our troops stationed overseas -- they need movies (decent ones, and send DVDs, not Blu-Ray -- most laptops and station TVs don't have Blu-Ray players), magazines, books, Crystal Light packets for water bottles, and if you're really crafty, you can dye some decent vodka blue and put it in a Listerine bottle. Trust me, they'll thank you.
- Vote this election season