3.27.2012

Having Fun With Draw Something

I am loving the game Draw Something. If you have an iOS device, Android, or are on Facebook, I highly recommend trying it out. It's basically Pictionary, only without the time limit.

What I love most about it is that it's a very easy way to sketch and draw every single day. Sure, the drawing tools are rudimentary, so fine art is not going to happen. But I do try my best to go beyond the ordinary stick figures and single-color drawings. And occasionally, it's fun to render a 10-minute scene and force people like my friend Katie and my wife Andrea to wait until the very end to see the picture.

I never know what the hell is going to come out of me when I start on these. Sometimes, I just have nothing and draw the picture, like "Golf" or "Clock." But occasionally, I get inspired to just go crazy with digital fingerpainting and whip up something fun.

Here are some of my favorites so far:



"HipHop" for Ceara. This was actually my first stab at full-page drawing. I had to crack up at "Beat Street". 




"Concert" for Katie. I think this one is my favorite so far. I love that the band's name is "Band."




"FastFood" for Jeremy. There's a McRib in that bag, you just can't see it.





"Pitfall" for Andrea. My favorite game growing up. I had to do it.



"LongJump" for Melissa. I don't have a clue what possessed me to do this one, but i do love the determined look on my guy's face. And his track suit is enviable. 




"Carpet" for Katie. I took 10 minutes to draw this, starting with the hardwood floor and moving on to the bookshelf full of books, the mirror, the portrait on the wall, and finally the carpet. She had to sit and watch the entire scene being created. I am an asshole.




"Ash" for Katie. Again, I drew the little flecks of ash last. I love picking on Katie. 




"Mario" for Amy. I loved doing this one, even if Mario looks like someone flattened him like a rose petal between the pages of a long-forgotten Bible.




"Insomnia" for Allie. I know this feeling very, very well. 



There are some others that are still in play, and I'll update this post once they've been guessed. My particular favorite: Gandalf.

If you would like to play, hit me up via Facebook or find me via my email address, joe atsign joethepeacock dot com.  I don't go all out every single turn, but if I do, be patient. Hopefully it'll be worth it.