1.08.2012

Finishing The Book, Answering Letters, And Other Good Intentions

For the past month or so, I've been doing a GIS (Google Image Search) for a word or topic that best describes each blog post. This post is all about restarting. So, when performing a GIS on the word "restart", I discovered that there is a spanish language band called Restart, and they look like what you see on the left (or, if you're on a mobile device, above). And they're just retarded enough to force me to pick them as the lead image for this piece.

Anyway.

There is a not-so-old adage that I've recently discovered:

The only thing harder than getting started on a brand new project is re-starting an old one.

I've got a few outstanding projects going on right now, and all of them took an unexpected break around the middle of December last year:

  • Just today, I checked my PO Box and found a stack of letters, Christmas / holiday cards and presents. I owe a lot of you letters and thank you's. They will be going out this week and next, and hopefully by the end of the month, I'll be caught up. That said, if I'm not, please know that I've gotten them and I appreciate them! 
  • I am staring at Adobe InDesign, trying to figure out where I left off on laying out the new book. I think at this point, I'm going to have to eschew my whole "Did it all myself!" ethic and hire out the layout bit, just to get the damn thing done. I am going to stick to my January 31, 2012 ship date come hell or high water.
  • I'm going to have to wait on finishing my first comic story until the book is done and the letters are answered. Because no one's seen it and I never really announced a date, this one's not as big a deal. But re-starting on it is still just as annoying and frustrating and confusing and "I'll just do it later" inducing as the others. 

All of that said, the good news is that so far I've stuck to my self-imposed, unannounced schedule on keeping up with this blog. That's some good news, right?