2.04.2011

Buy 47 Echo by Shawn Kupfor, Get Mentally Incontinent Free

I've known Shawn Kupfor going on ten years now. He gave me my first ever professional writing job at a magazine called PC Builder (want to see it?), taking a chance on a starting writer and giving me confidence I never even knew I had. He's a good guy like that.

Fast-forward to 2011, and he's written a novel. It's called 47 Echo, and it's about a squad soldiers comprised entirely of convicts, fighting in 2019 in a war against China (it's somewhat like the Martha Washington series, in that the government turned to the prisons to fill the ranks in the Army).

I enjoyed the heck out of it, and not because Shawn's my friend. I really enjoyed it. In fact, I'm contributing a thing to his next project involving the 47 Echo universe (more details on that soon).

Anyway, if you have a Kindle and $3.89 burning a hole in your pocket, you could do way worse than 47 Echo, but I'm not sure you could do better. It's not for everyone, but hey, if you want to help support a friend of mine, it's much appreciated. In fact, if you buy 47 Echo today (before midnight), I'll send you a copy of Mentally Incontinent  (the new one), signed with a sketch of one of the characters from Shawn's book. Just email me the receipt.

Oh, did I mention he wrote the entire book on Twitter? Like, literally tweeted each and every word of eeach and every chapter over a year and a half? Yeah, that happened.