Why I Won't Eat Chick-Fil-A (And Why It Hurts So So Bad)

So it's probably not news to you, but Chick-Fil-A has been called out for supporting (however indirect) anti Gay Marriage groups. And because of that, Andrea and I have made a decision not to financially support Chick-Fil-A until the financial and/or donation support, whether by CFA or Winshape (their charity), stops with groups we don't support.

This is not a call to protest Chick-Fil-A. You can do what you like. Besides, I don't believe in slacktivist bellowing from the pages of my blog. I long ago quit trying to convince everyone to join me in my protests. If I have bad service at, say, Wal-Mart or Best Buy, I just don't go there anymore. I don't care that they still exist, I can't really wage that war. But I can control where the money that I work for goes, and so long as Chick-Fil-A helps an organization that promotes keeping friends of mine from enjoying a right that should be universal, they won't get my money.

And that fucking sucks, because we ate Chick-Fil-A three nights a week, no joke. I LOVE Chick-Fil-A. Every one of my friends from other locations in the US has heard my adoration of Chick-Fil-A, and when they come here, they try it and their first thought is, "Wow, you totally overhyped this."

Then about 2-3 days later, they say "You know what I could go for? Some Chick-Fil-A." The sandwich isn't an insane ten-out-of-ten tasty amazing sandwich -- I fully believe that's what makes them so great. They're a solid standard on which you can rely -- not overpowering you with flavor, but delicious all the same. They're the best of the best.

And they're also much healthier than other fast food, serving real honest-to-God chicken, instead of form-pressed chicken-like stuff. And when you couple it with a salad and some lemonade, you have a bone fide southern delicacy.

And it's a shame that I can't have it anymore. And yes, Jeremy, that means you too when you come down here.