Fourteen Things I Never Thought I'd Ever Get To Say, and Thank You

This entire post is filled with sentences I never in a million years thought I'd get to say. I'm going to try to demark each instance of A Thing I Never Thought I'd Get To Say with a number. Let's see how far I get.

Last weekend, I 1) Got to meet Stan Lee 2) At my Art of Akira Exhibit 3) at DragonCon, where I showed 4) pieces from my world-renown collection of original Akira production art. I'm packing it up today to 5) ship it to Scotland for Scotland Loves Animation festival, 6) where I'll be speaking for 10 days from 7 October to 18 October. When I get back, 8) AOLNews is 9) flying me out to 10) Minnesota to 11) Drive a tank 12) over cars. 

What the fuck have I done to deserve this amazing stuff? Seriously, this year has buried the needle on the gauge which measures just how incredible life is. And to think, I haven't even gotten to the part about the 13) new book yet, or launching 14) the new features I've designed for Fark.com.

Fourteen. That's the number of insane things I never thought could ever happen to me, that I've either gotten to do or will be doing over a period of three months. And it's all because of you. You believed in me when I first started writing in 2002, as a way to keep from going insane while spending my days writing medical software. You bought my first book and helped finance my exodus from the corporate world. You bought my second book and helped establish to the rest of the world that, yes, Joe Peacock is actually a writer guy. You read what I write. You put up with my moodiness on Twitter and Facebook. You tell other people about me. 

Don't think I've forgotten that, or ever will. I get to do what I do every day for two very important reasons 1) I'm crazy enough to attempt it, and 2) YOU have my back. 

Thank you.