5.19.2010

So, Who Wants To Read Another Book?

After a few months of not knowing just what the hell I was going to do next writing-wise, I've finally come up with a plan.

First, there's a few books being bandied about at Penguin. We're going to pick one and release the sucker. What I can tell you definitively is that it won't be another Mentally Incontinent book. Not right now. I'll eventually return to that material and likely release some of the stories that I liked, but weren't voting winners. But not right now. I need some space from that stuff - even though I miss writing stuff on MI (it was 8 years after all - a fantastic run), I do need to move on to other things.

But you should expect that the next Penguin book will be yet more funny fail and retarded crap that's happened in my life. That's all I can say for now :)

But as far as the next interactive project - I had a bit of an epiphany a few days ago as to what I want to do next. And I personally think its a neat concept. But I need some input from you guys first. I know how I want to release it and involve you and get you interacting with the project (just like the voting in Mentally Incontinent's 2 books - your involvement makes the project so much better in the end). And for now, that's under wraps. But what I need is some direction on content.

Right now, it's a toss-up between one cohesive story released in tiny parts, revealed over time, or ten short stories released in chunks - one story at a time, divided into ten parts per story, and distributed. Or, a third, very strange and different direction - one hundred micro "notes" that would be very much like this blog. Sometimes stream of consciousness, mostly humorous (in my own mind at least). No re-use of blog material, I promise. But that kind of thing.

So what do you want to find when you start working on this book with me? Let me know by commenting or send me an email.