3.22.2010

Art of Akira IS GO!

I'm sitting at my kitchen island, enjoying a nice early morning breakfast and watching the hilarity unfold on Fox News over the Healthcare Reform Bill that passed this weekend (an event so rare and momentous, it actually has me watching Fox News to giggle at the reaction). The only reason I'm even up this early is because of the work that must be done today - today's the day my selections from my collection of Akira animation cels and backgrounds ships up to Toonseum.

We are about three weeks away from an exhibit I've been dreaming about for 10 years and working toward for nearly three, and it's very, very exciting. I'd say I'm almost more excited about this exhibit than I was about the release of either of my books (but if we're talking "nervous", then yeah, the books absolutely beat this exhibit).

So, in honor of this, I thought I'd share a few more pics of the cels and backgrounds that will be on exhibit. This is the Flickr slideshow of some of the items headed to Pittsburgh today - enjoy!




If you're in the Pittsburgh area the weekend of April 9-11, please let me know - I'd love to have you out for a VIP view of the exhibit's opening weekend.