have never in my life wanted to send a picture mail more than I do right now. I have all these pictures of my cats, and people NEED TO SEE THEM!
You see that fucking picture of that cat? That's Tiny Tim, and there are people in my life who need to see him being so fucking cute on that cat stand! And they CANNOT because they don't read my BLOG!
*** UPDATE 3:06PM ***
*** UPDATE 3:25PM ***
As we’ve all heard by now, Disney bought Marvel for about 4 billion dollars. At first blush it seems like a deal made in heaven. Disney makes movies and superhero movies are hot right now.
However, due to prior contracts Marvel had with other movie studios, Disney is essentially unable to make any Marvel superhero movies for a very long time, maybe even forever.
Liz: Ok, I need an answer here... does the Superman theory work in reverse? I.e. if I was to go to Krypton and bask in the rays of the red sun, would I gain extraordinary powers? Aside from the power of being a dork, I mean.
Joe Peacock: I am pretty sure you'd become more weak. If red sun planet being grows in strength with the yellow sun, that would mean we're tolerant at a baseline of (ysun), while they are tolerant at a baseline of (rsun) - meaning (ysun) > (rsun) in terms of strength benefit. To go from (ysun) to (rsun) would be to diminish whatever quality gained from the rays of the sun... Making you weaker.
I need to get laid.
- An old man turned ninety-eight, He won the lottery and died the next dayThis is not at all ironic. This is a man dying of old age, who had at least one day of extraordinary luck.
- It's a black fly in your ChardonnayThis is just gross. Not ironic.
- It's a death row pardon two minutes too lateThis is poor timing. Or, a judge with impeccable comedic timing. But hardly ironic.This is poor planning.
- It's like rain on your wedding dayThis is failure to read signs properly.
- It's a free ride when you've already paid
- It's the good advice that you just didn't takeThis is either stupidity or stubbornness.
- Mr. Play It Safe was afraid to fly, He packed his suitcase and kissed his kids good-bye, He waited his whole damn life to take that flight, And as the plane crashed down he thought 'Well isn't this nice...'This is unfortunate - both in the fact that the poor guy died on his first ever flight, and that he was such a pussy he couldn't get on a plane on a day before that day so that maybe he could have enjoyed a vacation or two before, you know... Dying.
- It's a traffic jam when you're already lateLeave on time. Again, poor planning.
- It's a no-smoking sign on your cigarette breakJust because you chose to call it a cigarette break doesn't mean that your location has to support smoking. Maybe call it a coffee break - now the "No Smoking" sign is irrelevant, isn't it?
- It's like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knifeThis sounds more like an obsessive-compulsive victim with way too much money to spend on spoons. Still not ironic. You can do most anything with a spoon that you can with a knife, including open boxes or kill a man. It's just a little harder, is all.Your dreams suck.
- It's meeting the man of my dreams, And then meeting his beautiful wife
So check this out: The new book is now available for presale on Amazon.com!
Isn't that rad?
So some other info:
The book comes out November 3, 2009. The official Book Release Party is going to be November 7, 2009 in Atlanta, with a location TBA. RSVPs can be made at the MI Facebook fan page or in the RSVP thread in the MI forums. I would LOVE to see you there!
There will be book signings through Christmas, then again starting in January next year. If you have a city you'd like me to come hang out in and be all authory, just contact me and let me know.
And lastly, new stories and a new redesign of MentallyIncontinent.com start next week. Be on the look out.
I love you.
It's just... I can't even tell you how amazing it was to not only score three pieces that fill HUGE holes in my collection, but to score them from one of my comic book influences from my youth. How great life can be sometimes...